Saturday 15 June 2013

Kate's Excellent Writing: The Rodeo Clown


My friend had dared me to do it - to go out onto our farm and scare the ferocious black muscly bull. It was stupid, I know. I wish I hadn’t agreed to do it but here I am in my blue stripy pjs and green gumboots. I gulped down the ball in my throat and gingerly, as quiet as a mouse, crept to the small and disgusting pen piled with horrifically smelling poo.
It was an eerie night; the moon was luminous but the dark knight had no glittering sparkles in it shimmering over the fields. I shook like a building toppling over. I took a long, deep breath and climbed over the slimy fence. There was a crack of bright white light, lighting the world for a moment like a light bulb. In that flash I saw the devil red glare of the bull’s eyes glow with rage. I let out a blood curdling scream. The sturdy black devil got up and started slamming its hard heavy hoof on the dusty dirt, scraping it away and turning it into a brown dust cloud. I tried to sprint away from him but I was frozen like a statue. The bull hurtled towards me as fast as a cheetah, puffing with rage. My feet decided they could move…I flashed out of there like a bullet and slammed the gate shut.
The bull slumped in its corner, its shoulders relaxed and it heaved one last snort and went quiet. I thought to myself, I could be a rodeo clown!

No comments:

Post a Comment